Thursday, September 6, 2007

No Recipe

Yesterday I made Chicken Salad. This is one of the only things that I make, without a recipe in front of me. I mean, I can manage a basic pasta or salad, or something like that. But, not really too much. I am a recipe girl.
But, somehow, I can throw this together sans recipe card & it still comes out great.

Bake chicken breasts or boil whole chicken
cool
shred/cut into bite size pieces
In a bowl mix chicken with Mayo & Plain Yogurt - about 1 part mayo to 3 parts yogurt
Stir in curry, thyme, poultry seasoning & salt & pepper.
Add toasted almonds
chopped celery
halved grapes

And, that's about it. I eat it by itself, or over lettuce, or on bread with sprouts.

4 comments:

Stef said...

oh, this sounds so yummy! I love chicken salad sandwiches. I'm going to try this one tomorrow. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

MMmmm! That sounds so good!! I've made something similar without the yogurt and with raisins instead of grapes, but I think I like the grapes better.
I don't like recipes all that much. They give me hives. Unless it's baking, in which case I cling to them like my life depends on it (too many bad experiences in the past).
But I do so love reading about your kitchen adventures (I think I've said this before) - your blog always makes me hungry. ;-)

big hair betty said...

I LOVE your family's chicken salad, you and Leah are the best makers of it (I'm not patient enough to pull the chicken off the bones!!).

big hair betty said...

I LOVE your family's chicken salad, you and Leah are the best makers of it (I'm not patient enough to pull the chicken off the bones!!).