Buzz. Well, I guess his full name is Buzz Saw. I believe my husband choose that name for the lovely snoring sounds that this dog is constantly making. The folks who bred the Pug dog were very twisted, in my opinion. "The short nose is humorous - who cares if the dog can't breath?"
Reasons why I should adore this dog -
- He doesn't really bark. He is physically unable.
- He has never "relieved" himself in any of my homes.
- He is as soft as a bunny rabbit.
- He is gentle with my daughter.
- He is beloved by my husband & daughter.
- He really is cute.
- He eats anything I drop on the floor while cooking.
Reasons why I just don't -
- He smells really yucky, as most animals do.
- When he gets worked up & anxious, his heavy breathing/snorting is so aggravating.
- He sheds pounds of hair, all over my house.
- He cries & whines when he doesn't get his way.
- He hardly ever responds when we call.
- He cries & snuffles, waiting for me to have a mishap, & drop something while cooking.
Murphy. He is a terrier of some sort. We thought he was pretty sweet when we first picked him up from the pound....
Reasons I should be really grateful we brought this dog home -
- He always comes when I call. If I call Murphy, Buzz, dog, puppy, stinkhead. He comes running, eagerly.
- He is not a beggar.
- He obeys rules & fears disapproval.
- He lets my daughter pull on him, sit on him, use him as a support when she stands. He is very patient.
- The rest of my family does seem to like him pretty well.
Reasons why I am not -
- He smells even worse than Buzz. Something I didn't know was possible, before we got him.
- He yipes sometimes, waking my child.
- I won't forget all the times he urinated & defecated on the carpet of my first home. Nor the door he chewed straight through, the carpet he clawed through, the wall he dug a hole in....
- He gives kisses constantly on any bare flesh he can find - it tickles & is really annoying.
- He is so needy.
- He drags all kinds of leaves & twigs & dirt clods into my house.
- He just pretty much annoys me.