Friday, June 20, 2008

This is too Hot



I am working on flowers for a wedding tomorrow. Having 102 degree weather isn't good for such activities. No air-conditioner... So, I've been a little paranoid about the condition of the flowers, since I bought them yesterday. Especially all the white ones...

Plus, the hot weather hasn't been conducive to good napping for my children. So, that has added another good challenge. Gillian got in to several crazy exploits today, and needed 4 baths on account of them. What a stinker.
And, this afternoon another wildfire broke out near by. This one is just outside of Watsonville. That makes number 3 for our county in only a month. Wow! Our air quality is fine. That is a blessing! I'd die if we couldn't open the windows.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those flowers are oh-so-gorgeous! wow. where do you obtain such exquisite things??

Anonymous said...

I hope everything turned out well for you today!

I know what you mean about crazy non-sleeping children... Elijah has been such a trouble maker. We spent a couple hours at the river yesterday which was nice so he wasn't at home tearing into EVERYTHING. Did you get any pictures of Gillian's fiascoes? They sound interesting... :)

Erin said...

Melissa,
I buy my flowers from a local wholesaler. They grow many of them themselves, and also bring in from other local farmers. Except, the lavender is from our own house.
The wedding turned out great, btw.
Krista. Yes. Interesting stories.... I'll call you tomorrow.

Stef said...

oh, the heat! You know its bad when we all gets excited when we hear its "only" going to be 90 degrees.

Hope the wedding flowers turned out OK!

Melissa Cummings said...

those flowers are oh-so-gorgeous! wow. where do you obtain such exquisite things??