Friday, March 5, 2010

It is Time to Get your Brisket on

If you want to serve up a stellar Corned Beef this year for your Saint Patrick's Day meal, try brining your own.  It is really easy.  You just need to have room in your fridge.  And, you need to start early.  In other words, go get your brisket this weekend.  It will be brining in your fridge for 8 days.
Here's the recipe we have used the last two years.  It's fun.  Give it a try!
I got my brisket this morning.  Now I need to clean out my fridge...
I did forget to buy more pickling spices.  I have a little bit left  But, I'll just try to mix up my own, to supplement that.  I found a recipe to use as a springboard.  I'll do something like this -

1 cinnamon sticks, broken

1 tablespoon mustard seeds

2 teaspoons black peppercorns 

1 teaspoon whole cloves

1 teaspoon whole allspice

2 teaspoon dill seeds

4 dried bay leaves

1 teaspoon red chili flakes



Flashing back to our Irish Honeymoon 2004

No comments: